Details! Details! Details! I absolutely love seeing when all the wedding details come together! From style to color. . . It's always so fun to see all the hard work come together!
On most wedding days, the first thing I capture when I arrive are the details. I love to take the time to carefully place them, arrange them and really focus on the details the bride has worked so hard on. I usually capture the dress, shoes and rings by themselves and then a flatlay of all the details together.
I get asked pretty frequently on what to include for details and flatlays, so I figured I'd write a blog about it! Now, these are just the most common items, but if there are other special details you want to include, feel free to! Sentimental items are so sweet to add!
Now this tip will make your getting ready time a lot less stressful. Keep all your details in one place, so when your photographer arrives on the wedding day they are ready to go! You can gather them in a corner, keep them in a shoe box or even an old Amazon box. Any way to keep all the details in one spot, so you don't need to hunt for them.
Here are some details you should consider:
- Rings - the bride’s engagement ring and wedding band, and the groom’s ring)
- Ring Box - My favorite one linked here! Tons of colors and photographs beautifully!
- Dress Hanger - wooden or personalized... Not a plastic one or the wire one from the dry cleaners
- Hair Piece
- Invitation Suite - save the date, wedding invitation, envelope and any other ribbons or materials the suite was mailed in
- Bouquet and/or loose petals - Most florists include the extra flowers, but be sure to ask!
- Hand Written Notes/Vows
- Something old, new, borrowed, blue
Happy Planning! I know your wedding day is going to be the best day EVER!